We understand physical and emotional health are connected and our thoughts, feelings and actions can affect our physical health. Our Behavioral Health providers help patients struggling with chronic medical conditions, stress, depression, anxiety, substance use, sleep problems and weight management. We serve all patients, regardless of ability to pay. Meet our providers.
Behavioral Health support is available at all of our clinic locations. Due to COVID-19 we are now seeing patients through virtual appointments. Patients can speak with our Behavioral Health Providers via secure video chat or phone consultation. To make an appointment, call 970-879-1632 in Routt County and 970-824-8233 in Moffat County.
Our patients have access to affordable and timely telepsychiatry services to assist with medication management. We can connect patients to a psychiatric professional who specializes in and can prescribe psychotropic medications. Patients meet with a psychiatrist via videoconference and work with a primary care provider and/or behavioral health specialist at Northwest Colorado Health to establish a medication and health management plan.
Crisis Support Available in the Community
Northwest Colorado Health does not provide 24-hour crisis support. We can provide behavioral health support during normal business hours. Below is a list of programs that provide 24-hour crisis support.
Life Threatening Crisis
Call or text 911 or go to the nearest ER for life threatening crises, including, but not limited to:
- Active thoughts of suicide or homicide
- Active withdrawal from alcohol or another substance
- Life threatening domestic violence situations
- To meet with a crisis counselor locally, you can contact the Colorado Crisis line to initiate meeting with a local crisis counselor in Moffat or Routt counties. This crisis service is available 24/7.
- During business hours (M-F 8am-5pm) you may also go to your local Mind Springs Health Clinic in Craig or Steamboat Springs to initiative local crisis support.
- Anonymously report anything that concerns or threatens you, your friends, your family or your community.
Domestic Violence Crisis
Advocates of Routt County 970-879-8888
- In Routt County, Advocates supports and empowers people impacted by sexual violence and abusive relationships. If you need help safety planning, goal setting, getting questions answered about the criminal justice system, filing for a protection order, etc. you can call Advocates of Routt County 24/7. If you're unable to use your phone, you can text 911 or email Advocates at email@example.com.
Open Heart Advocates: 970-824-2400
- In Moffat County, Open Heart Advocates provides victim advocacy and services. This organization offers support for domestic violence, immigration advocacy, sexual assault support, human trafficking advocacy, support for victims of crime, and community outreach/support. If you're unable to use your phone, you can text 911.