Skip to main content

Healthy Communities

Effective July 1, 2020, Northwest Colorado Health will no longer provide the Healthy Communities Program for Health First Colorado (Medicaid) and Colorado Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+). 

Questions concerning Health First Colorado can be addressed by Rocky Mountain Health Plans:

Questions concerning CHP+ can be addressed by calling CHP+ Customer Service at 1-800-359-1991 or by visiting 

Northwest Colorado Health offers support in applying for insurance. For help enrolling in Health First Colorado or CHP+ please contact our Eligibility Technician at 970-871-7330 in Steamboat Springs and 970-871-7324 in Craig.

Healthy Communities FAQs

Why did I receive a Health First Colorado (Medicaid) Card and a card from Rocky Mountain Health Plan?
Rocky Mountain Health Plan is the Health First Colorado (Medicaid) managed care organization for Moffat, Routt, Grand, Jackson and Rio Blanco  Counties. Receiving a card from them means that you are enrolled in their health plan. Your Health First Colorado (Medicaid) benefits will remain the same. You may want to check with your doctor’s office to see if they are part of Rocky Mountain Health Plan.

The doctor listed on my Rocky Mountain Health Plan Card or CHP+ Card is incorrect, what should I do?
If you are on Health First Colorado (Medicaid), you need to call Health First Colorado at 1-888-367-6557. If you are on CHP+, you need to call Colorado Access at 1-888-214-1101.

I lost my Health First Colorado (Medicaid) or CHP+ card, how can I get a new one?
If you are on Health First Colorado (Medicaid) you can go to and print the Health First Colorado (Medicaid) card. Or you can call your local Department of Human Services to order a new card at: Moffat (970) 824-8282; Routt (970) 870-5533; Jackson (970) 723-4750; Rio Blanco (970) 878-5431; Grand (970) 725-3331. If you are on CHP+, you must call CHP+ Customer Service at 1-800-359-1991.

Why did my child's Medicaid/CHP+ end?
Every case is different. Call us and we can help you with problems regarding your child's Medicaid/CHP+ benefits.

Can you assist me if I don't live in one of these counties?
Yes. We will connect you with someone in your county that can assist you. You may also call 844-511-KIDS (5437), which can connect you to Healthy Communities staff in any Colorado county when you enter your zip code.

Powered by Firespring