Communities That Care - Community Mobilizer (Craig)
Northwest Colorado Health is seeking a Communities That Care- Community Mobilizer with the passion and skills to recruit and lead the development of a Communities That Care (CTC) coalition and its subsequent workgroups to include multi-agency representatives in Northwest Colorado. Today, you will join a healthcare organization that provides individuals of all ages the tools and resources to prevent disease and injury and live as healthy as possible. You will be welcomed into our diverse and caring environment to serve the community in which we live.
We have high expectations for you as a Communities That Care-Community Mobilizer. We need you to:
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive community youth substance use prevention work plan, including conducting assessments and gap analysis.
- Works with the Northwest Colorado Health leadership and other partners to develop strong working relationships. Responsible for recruiting key leaders and community members to establish a CTC board and workgroups.
- Develops and organizes agendas to engage and support CTC board members and workgroups. Serves as the lead to accomplish the defined CTC work plan and achieve the Milestones & Benchmarks.
- Responsible for overseeing and directing the implementation of preventive interventions selected by the CTC board and coordinates with the CTC board to establish effective monitoring and reporting systems.
- Utilizes effective group facilitation skills to help guide the board and workgroups through the CTC action planning and implementation process; leads discussions related to project planning and maintenance.
- Researches, identifies and implements evidence-based interventions, policies and best practices to prevent youth substance use. Provides education to partners and collaborates with partners to ensure evidence-based interventions, policies and best practices are implemented in accordance with the youth substance use prevention work plan.
- Identifies potential issues and works with CTC board to solve problems that may arise during the completion of the CTC Milestones & Benchmarks; assists in implementing solutions.
- Prepares for and leads the CTC workshops with support and technical assistance from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
- Prepares for the CTC board meeting and performs any necessary follow-up and project management needed to make progress.
- Coordinates the dissemination of CTC information to key leaders, schools and other youth service providers and the public. Gives presentations and provides support for CTC board members as they conduct community outreach to include participating in media interviews.
- Prepares documentation and reports as required by funder. To include collecting, organizing and analyzing data.
- Creates reports, concept papers and other materials needed by CTC partners and Northwest Colorado Health to obtain funding for partner organizations to support CTC identified projects.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of budget and oversight per funder's guidelines.
- Takes personal responsibility to provide exceptional customer service in order to promote and maintain a positive public image, constructive working environment, and foster pride and professionalism in the workplace and community.
You should also have high expectations for Northwest Colorado Health as an employer. Our Communities That Care-Community Mobilizer’s help meet community’s needs. Every day you will leave Northwest Colorado Health knowing that you have made a positive difference.
We offer a salary that meets market values for the Colorado area and is based on experience. The salary range for this full time-40 hours/week position located in Moffat County is $23.10-$31.75 and is eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Paid Time Off and our 403(b) Retirement Plan. View a full job description. EOE. Position open until filled.
If we sound like the kind of dynamic, caring organization that meets your expectations, click here to apply now.