Communities That Care - Community Champion (Craig)
Northwest Colorado Health is seeking a Communities That Care- Community Champion with the passion and skills to recruit youth and community members to be a part of the program. Today, you will join a healthcare organization that provides individuals of all ages the tools and resources to prevent disease and injury and live as healthy as possible. You will be welcomed into our diverse and caring environment to serve the community in which we live.
We have high expectations for you as a Communities That Care-Community Champion. We need you to:
- Have a passion for or interest in youth substance use, violence, and/or suicide prevention; promoting healthy behaviors and success in young people; and/or community health and health equity.
- Have relevant experience with young people which may include life experience with youth coalitions, professional work experience, internships, or other related life or work experiences.
- Experience with bringing diverse individuals and groups together to achieve a common goal.
- Knowledge of Positive Youth Development, authentic community engagement, community-based prevention processes such as Communities that Care and/or Strategic Prevention Framework, coalition development, and shared risk and protective factors for healthy youth. Training will be provided to build and grow knowledge and skills.
- Skills in public speaking and public representation in ways that cultivate effective two-way and group communications with a diversity of community members, organizations, and young people.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with young people, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are a plus
- Requires access to transportation within the community.
- Identifies opportunities to educate and involve parents, youth, and community members in the CTC Process, especially collaborating with specific activities and tasks.
- Helps with skills development and recognition of involved youth
- Collaborate as a team player to promote effective and regular communication with CTC Community Mobilizer regarding status and goals of project work
- Assist with activities designed to meet goals and objectives of the CTC grant are carried out according to specified timelines provided by the CTC Mobilizer
- This job may require work outside of the regular workday, so you may need to have some evening and weekend availability.
- This position does not require a degree, and a lot of paid training will be provided. The only real requirement is to have experience with young people (being one counts!) and a passion for community.
You should also have high expectations for Northwest Colorado Health as an employer. Our Communities That Care-Community Champion’s help meet community’s needs. Every day you will leave Northwest Colorado Health knowing that you have made a positive difference.
We offer a salary that meets market values for the Colorado area and is based on experience. The salary range for this PRN or “as needed” position located in Moffat County is $16.94-$28.44 and is eligible for our 403(b) Retirement Plan. View a complete job description. EOE.
If we sound like the kind of dynamic, caring organization that meets your expectations, click here to apply now.