Volunteers are a vital part of our effort to improve health and quality of life for all Northwest Colorado residents. More than 100 dedicated volunteers currently assist us with programs and events in Routt and Moffat counties. We are always looking for new volunteers to fill a variety of rewarding roles. We welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. We will tailor positions to your unique skills and experience. For more information about joining our Volunteer Team, please contact Kyleigh Lawler at 970-871-7609.
- Provide comfort and support to Hospice patients.
- Support hospice families by running errands, cooking meals or assisting with other tasks.
- Join our Youth and Women's cooking groups to make meals for Hospice families.
- Share a talent or skill with residents at The Haven Assisted Living facility.
- Help sell and deliver Daffodils for our spring Daffodils for Hospice fundraiser.
- Help sell tickets or assist with other aspects of our fall Rubber Ducky Race fundraiser.
- Assist with landscaping and maintenance at The Haven or Rollingstone Respite House.
Volunteers complete of the following steps:
- General Agency or Hospice volunteer application (below)
- Criminal background check
- TB test
- Orientation to Northwest Colorado Health policies and procedures
- Provide a copy of valid driver's license and current auto insurance
- 20 hours of training (Hospice direct patient care ONLY)
Our program does not provide the opportunity to shadow physicians, nurses or other medical providers, nor do we allow volunteers to perform any medical procedures.