We believe that teaching coping skills related to life's challenges, and supporting educators to do the same, will strengthen resiliency in youth and prevent negative lasting effects on their health and well being. Every day we provide outreach services, support groups and education to youth who are coping with adversities such as divorce, family addiction, violence, death, illness or relocation.
Promoting hope and healing
Youth Resiliency Programs support kindergarten through college-age youth. Our programs:
- Provide age appropriate activities help participants reframe loss so they are better able to navigate the coping process and reconnect with their confidence going forward.
- Help kids learn to communicate their emotions in a safe and comfortable setting, giving them the opportunity to connect with peers who have experienced similar loss
- Build self-esteem and self-awareness through creative expression and physical activities.
- Work with individuals and also facilitate support groups within the schools.
- Support the schools and the community when there has been the death of a student or child.
Please call us for more information. In Routt County, call Katy Thiel, MSW at 970-871-7628. In Moffat County, call Sandy Beran, MCC at 970-871-7682 .