Connect for Health Colorado
Open Enrollment in for 2018 has closed. You may still be able to enroll during a Special Enrollment Period if you experience a certain life event (see below). If you qualify for an SEP, you usually have up to 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan.
The law that provides financial assistance to qualifying individuals and families is not changed and remains in effect. The same law carries a tax penalty for anyone who goes three months or more without coverage. If you enrolled in a plan, you will be covered through Dec. 31, 2018.
If you have had any of the following life change events in the last month, you may qualify for health insurance (reduced-cost plans) through Connect for Health Colorado outside the open enrollment period:
- Marriage, birth, adoption and placement for foster care.
- Your insurance plan or Medicaid coverage was canceled or ended.
- You changed jobs and lost employer-sponsored insurance.
- You gained citizenship or immigration status.
- You experienced a change in incarceration status.
- You moved to Colorado.
For more information, call 970-871-7330 in Steamboat Springs or 970-871-7324 in Craig. You can apply for health insurance through Health First Colorado (Medicaid) or Child Health Plan Plus year-round.