Open Enrollment in for 2017 has closed. You may still be able to enroll during a Special Enrollment Period if you experience a certain life event (see below). If you qualify for an SEP, you usually have up to 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan.
The law that provides financial assistance to qualifying individuals and families is not changed and remains in effect. The same law carries a tax penalty for anyone who goes three months or more without coverage. If you enrolled in a plan, you will be covered through Dec. 31, 2017.
Special Enrollment Period
If you have had any of the following life change events in the last month, you may qualify for health insurance (reduced-cost plans) through Connect for Health Colorado outside the open enrollment period:
- Marriage, birth, adoption and placement for foster care.
- Your insurance plan or Medicaid coverage was canceled or ended.
- You changed jobs and lost employer-sponsored insurance.
- You gained citizenship or immigration status.
- You experienced a change in incarceration status.
- You moved to Colorado.
For more information, call 970-871-7330 in Steamboat Springs or 970-871-7324 in Craig. You can apply for health insurance through Health First Colorado (Medicaid) or Child Health Plan Plus year-round.
We've created easy-to-use guides to help clarify important aspects of health insurance.