Connect for Health Colorado
Open Enrollment for plans through Connect for Health Colorado is Nov. 12, 2017 through JAN. 12, 2018*. If you need to enroll in, renew or change your plan, we recommend you start the process as soon as possible to avoid a gap in coverage and tax penalties.
In-person assistance is available to help you complete your application, determine eligibility for tax credits and cost sharing reductions, and select a plan to meet your needs. Call today to make an appointment:
970-871-7330 (Northwest Colorado Health)
970-879-1322 (UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center)
Please bring the following to your appointment.
- Full legal names for you and everyone in your household
- Preferred phone number.
- A short summary of your household’s circumstances, including employer information, income information and if applicable, any grant or scholarship information, SSI, SSDI and unemployment income information.
*Colorado is among states that have extended Open Enrollment beyond the federal deadline of Dec. 15.
What you need to know
- There are fines for not having health insurance in 2018. The penalty is $695 per person or 2.5 percent of your household income, whichever is greater.
- Financial help is available to lower monthly costs*.
- If you are already enrolled, you may need to renew your plan.
- Dec. 15 is the deadline to enroll in insurance that will start Jan. 1, 2018.
- Jan. 12 is the last day to enroll in health insurance for 2018. Colorado is among states that have extended Open Enrollment beyond the federal deadline of Dec. 15.
- After Jan. 12, you will only be allowed to shop for a new health plan if you have a qualifying Life Change Event and apply for new coverage within 60 days of that event.
- You can get an estimate of your health insurance options here. This is is just an estimate. Various factors can influence your insurance options.
* Although the current administration has decided to end Cost-Sharing Reduction payments, these payments are reimbursements to health insurance companies and do NOT eliminate Cost-Sharing Reductions for you.
We can help you find the right plan! Please refer to our Paths to Coverage Guides to begin the process:
We've created easy-to-use guides to help clarify important aspects of health insurance.